Troubleshooting Lights that Flicker
When installing or using the NOON Lighting System, you may experience unexpected light flickering behavior.
This article covers common causes of flickering and tips for fixing in three different scenarios:
- Immediately after installation (before setup in the NOON App)
- Immediately after setup in the NOON App
- On-going usage
NOTE: Flickering includes unsteady or unexpected changes in brightness of the light, such as blinking rapidly, increased brightness for short bursts, and inconsistent max brightness levels.
Immediately after installation (before setup in the NOON App)
If your lights are flickering when you turn the circuit breaker back on after installation, the most likely cause is a bad connection to ground and neutral wires.
- Use NOON - Single-Pole Wiring Troubleshooting to walk you through checking that ground and neutral wires are correctly and firmly connected.
- The ground and neutral wires may be improperly connected in your home's wiring.
Immediately after setup in the NOON App
If your lights are flickering after setup is complete, the most likely cause is that bulb type is misidentified in the NOON App.
- Check that the bulb type is correct in Settings in the NOON App.
- If the bulb type is wrong in the NOON App, you can change it using the instructions here.
- For help identifying your bulb type, see NOON - Identifying Light Bulbs and Dimming Types.
During Ongoing Usage
If your lights are flickering during everyday usage, the most likely cause is a problem with the bulb or light fixture or current draw from using other appliances.
- If you've recently replaced the light bulbs, check that the correct bulb type is identified in the NOON App using the instructions here.
- Check that the bulb is screwed firmly into the fixture.
- If the bulb is installed in a fixture, there may be an issue with the fixture. Book a NOON-trained installer here.