When setting up your new Savant Remote and Host kit, you will first need to download the Savant App, and run it on an iOS or Android mobile device with Bluetooth 4.0 or higher enabled.
For the best possible connectivity with your new Savant Remote and Host kit, you will need to place your Host in a location with the best possible Wi-Fi signal strength. For the recommended home network settings, please see How do I set up and select my Wi-Fi network?
Once you have your network settings configured and the Savant App ready to go on your mobile device, you are ready to begin setup. First, plug in your Savant Host using the power cable included in the kit, then run the Savant App on your device. The App will walk you through the setup process.
If you’re running into problems during initial setup of your new Savant Host, here are a few things we would recommend trying:
- The Savant App will search for a new Host initially using the Bluetooth from your iOS or Android mobile device. If the Savant App is not finding the Host after the first “Searching” screen and you are getting an error message saying “Host Not Found”, please try the following:
- Make sure your Host is plugged in and powered on. A blinking yellow LED light near the mini-USB power cable input should indicate the Host is ready for setup.
- Stand within 30 feet of your Host to ensure the Bluetooth signal is strong enough to be detected by your mobile device.
- It is possible your mobile device could have instabilities associated with Bluetooth. Please make sure your device has Bluetooth 4.0 or higher enabled. Try cycling your Bluetooth off and then on again through your mobile device’s settings menu, or rebooting your mobile device before rescanning.
- If you are still having difficulty connecting to the Host, please contact Savant Support.
- If the Savant App finds your Host initially, but then gets stuck on the “Connecting…” screen, there may be an issue with your Wi-Fi network settings. Please try the following:
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to the same network which you are using to connect the Savant Host, (same SSID and password,) and that the network credentials you entered into the Savant App are correct.
- Check the LED status light on the Savant Host; it should be blinking green.
- Please check your home network settings; refer to How do I set up and select my Wi-Fi network?
- If you are still having trouble connecting to your Savant Host, please contact Savant Support.