What is HDMI-CEC?
CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) is an HDMI function that enables control between CEC enabled source devices that are connected through HDMI, without user intervention. An example of the CEC power and Input feature would be allowing a Blu Ray Player to turn on a TV and change it’s input to the corresponding HDMI input on the TV.
How does it affect the Savant Remote?
The CEC auto power and input changing feature may conflict with the Savant Remote’s ability to power on, off and change inputs on these devices. This feature should be disabled when troubleshooting IR command issues with the Savant Remote.
Manufacturers often don’t call this feature “HDMI-CEC”. Most will use their own unique name even though this is an interoperable standard. A list of common Manufacturers, their CEC name and suggestions on how to navigate to the CEC settings are below
● AOC: E-link
● Hitachi: HDMI-CEC
● LG: SimpLink
● Mitsubishi: NetCommand for HDMI
● Onkyo: RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI)
● Panasonic: HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, or VIERA Link
● Philips: EasyLink
● Pioneer: Kuro Link
● Runco International: RuncoLink
● Samsung: Anynet+
● Sharp: Aquos Link
● Sony: BRAVIA Sync
● Toshiba: CE-Link or Regza Link
● Vizio: CEC
|LG||1. Press Home → Settings → General →SIMPLINK|
2. Configure the SIMPLINK settings, changing any control options to [OFF].
|Onkyo AV Receivers||1. Press RCV on the Onkyo remote controller → HOME → Setup → HDMI Setup.|
2. Set [HDMI CEC (RIHD)] and [HDMI Through] to [Off]
|Panasonic||1. Press Menu button, navigate down and select Setup|
2. Select HDMI Control and set CEC Function and Power Off Link to OFF.
|Philips||1. Press the Home button then select Setup → Installation → Preferences → EasyLink→ [Off]|
|Pioneer Plasma Displays||1. Press the Home Menu on the Pioneer remote then select Control Setup → Kuro Link Setting|
2. Set [Input Setting], [Power Off Control], [Power On Ready] and [Hold Sound Status] to [Off]
|Roku TV||1. Press Home button.|
2. Navigate down to Settings.
3. Select System.
4. Select Control other devices (CEC).
5. Unselect 1-Touch Play and System Standby.
|Samsung||1. Press Home → System → Expert Settings → Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) → [Off]|
|Sharp||1. Press the Menu button and Navigate to the right, select Setup.|
2. Select CEC Control and set Device Auto Power Off and TV Auto Power On to Off.
|Sony Bravia Smart TV||Press HOME, then select Settings → [Channels & Inputs] → [HDMI Settings] → [Control for HDMI] → [Off].|
|Sony Playstation 4||1. On your PS4, go to Settings in the top right.|
2. Go to System settings near the bottom.
3. Un-Check Enable HDMI Device Link
|Toshiba||1. Press Menu → Settings → Other Settings and set [CEC] and [CEC Auto Power On] to [Off]|
|Vizio||1. Press Menu button.|
2. Navigate down and select System or Settings.
3. Navigate down and select CEC.
Press OK on CEC and select Off.