To set up Sonos Devices, do the following:
- If you have any Sonos devices, set them up using the Sonos app and following the instructions provided by Sonos.
- Make sure all your Sonos devices are turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Savant Host.
NOTE: If you have assigned your Sonos devices to specific rooms, and you use those same names of rooms in your Savant App your Savant App will automatically assign your Sonos devices to the right room in your Savant Home.
To add Sonos Devices, do the following:
- If your App did not find any Sonos Play devices, tap Next. If you have entertainment devices, you can add them next. If you do not have entertainment devices, the App will direct you to tutorials.
- If your App found Sonos devices, tap Next and follow the steps below.
- If you are not sure which Sonos device is associated with a particular panel in the App, tap the Locate link in the panel. This causes the white LED status light on the Sonos device associated with the panel to blink, so you can identify the device.
- To add each Sonos device, tap the Select Room button in its panel.
- If the room names you assigned to your Sonos devices match room names you have set up in your Savant Home, the Savant App automatically applies those room names to your Sonos devices.
- Otherwise, for the first device you add to your Savant Home, you will need to create a room to which the device will be assigned. The Savant App displays a list of room types and asks which you would like to add.
- For subsequent devices, the App lists only the room types you have already assigned to devices. To select a different room, tap Add Room. The Savant App displays a full list of room types. Tap the room type you want.
- To create a custom name, tap Custom at the end of the list and type the custom room type using the onscreen keyboard. Tap Done.
- Tap the type of room where the device is located.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 for each Sonos Play device you are adding.
- When you have added all your Sonos Play devices, tap Done in the lower right corner of the screen.
- The Savant App connects again to the Savant Host. This process may take up to a minute.
The Savant App connects all your Sonos devices to the Savant Host, then asks if these are all your Sonos devices.
- If you have finished adding Sonos Play devices, tap Yes. Otherwise, tap No, and repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 to finish adding your Sonos Play devices.