What is a Savant Blaster used for?
An optional addition to your Savant Home, the Savant Blaster enables your Savant Remote to communicate with entertainment devices that are not in the direct line of sight with the Remote Base.
For example, if an entertainment device is behind a cabinet door that blocks IR signals from the remote base, you can place a Savant Blaster inside the cabinet, enabling the Remote Base to relay commands through the Savant Blaster. The Blaster receives commands over bluetooth and issues IR commands to devices within its direct line of sight.
You may pair up to three Savant Blasters with a Savant Remote, giving you control over entertainment devices that are not in the direct line of sight with the Remote Base.
Each Blaster includes its own IR Blasters, which send control signals to entertainment devices that are not within its direct line of sight. All Blasters must be placed within 30 feet of the Savant Remote Base and within 30 feet of the devices they control.
Do I need a Savant Blaster?
During set-up, the Savant App will help guide you if you need to add Blasters by showing you the most popular furniture configurations. Swipe left and right to review three panels describing three arrangements of a Remote and entertainment devices.
in the panel that describes the arrangement of your entertainment devices. Based on your answer to this question, the app will guide you to set up your Savant Home to ensure your Remote can communicate with your entertainment devices.
How to I add a Savant Blaster?
To add a Savant Blaster, do the following:
- Unpack the Savant Blaster and install its batteries. Position the Blaster within 30 feet of the entertainment device you want it to control. Make sure the Blaster has a direct line of sight to the device.
- On the Home View of the Savant App, tap Devices.
- Tap the plus sign (+) in the upper left corner of the Devices screen.
The Savant App displays panels showing the different types of devices you can add to your Savant Home.
- Tap Begin in the panel for Blaster.
The Savant App scans the area for a Savant Blaster. The App displays a panel for each Blaster it finds. You can swipe left or right to scroll through the panels.
- To determine which Blaster is associated with a particular panel, tap Locate on the bottom of the panel. An LED status light will blink red on the bottom of the Blaster associated with that panel in the App.
- Once you have located the Blaster you want to add, tap Pair.
The Savant App displays a list of entertainment devices available to be paired with the Blaster.
- (insert image)
- Tap the name of each device you want the Blaster to control. You can select multiple devices as long as the Blaster has an unobstructed line of sight to all the devices you selected.
- Tap Done.