|During initial onboarding of a Savant Smart Light, if you encounter an error screen such as the one shown to the right, please follow the steps below.
- This screen will generally mean that the Lighting App was unable to fully finish configuring the Smart Light to the chosen Room or Group. If unable to continue past this screen, do the following.
- Force quit the app and re-open it. This will refresh the Savant Lighting App's Bluetooth connections and allow the app to try to find your Savant Smart Light again without previous bad data or saved partial addressing getting in the way.
- On your iOS device: Double click the Home button and all apps running in your background will show up. Swipe right or left to bring the Savant Lighting App to the foreground and swipe up to close it. Re-open the app and check to see if your Smart Light can now be added successfully.
- Toggle Bluetooth On/Off, activate Bluetooth Sharing
- This can be found in the settings menu of your mobile device. Sometimes this feature can be turned off during a software update or for other privacy reasons. Bluetooth must be enabled on your mobile device for the Savant Lighting TrueImage App to communicate with your lights.
- Environment/Proximity check.
- If the fixture the Smart Light is plugged into is connected to a power outlet controlled by a light switch, ensure the bulb is receiving power.
- If using a Smart Light in a poseable lighting fixture, ensure the bulb isn't directly facing a wall or other such obstacle that could impede Bluetooth communication.
- Ensure that your mobile device is within Bluetooth operating range of the bulb (about 50 ft.).
- Should all previous steps fail to resolve the issue. Please try re-adding the bulb/bulbs in question by following the steps here: How To Reset Savant Smart Lights and then re-scanning for the light in the app.